One Month Ashtanga Intensive – June 2018 – Purple Valley Goa
One-of-a-kind in its approach, this month-long course will feature two guided ‘retreat’ days per week, dedicated to deepening your own practice, as well as four intensive study days per week and a full day of rest.
Retreat days will incorporate chanting, meditation, dynamic and restorative asana, pranayama, contemplation/journaling and silence. Study days will cover the following:
- Skilful, hands-on adjustments for Primary Series asana and some Intermediate Series asana
- Methodology for applying and teaching sound structural alignment in asana
- Effective use of props
- Modifications and variations for different bodies and abilities
- Teaching techniques for asana and meditation – use of voice, demonstration and effective teaching points
- Teaching and assisting practice
- Sequencing of classes (for beginners and mixed level classes)
- Yoga anatomy and its practical application in asana with Stu Girling
- Injury prevention
- Yoga Philosophy - presented in an accessible, applicable and inspiring manner
This course is suitable for students and teachers who already have an established, regular Ashtanga practice. Please note that only the Krishna Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Institute can grant you an official authorization or certification to teach Ashtanga Yoga.